“I Have Always Valued Every Person Who Came Into My Life At 100%, Because I Learned In Algebra That When The Value Of Something Is Unknown, We Always Assume It To Be ‘100’.


 

I always gave you more importance than I gave myself,

to the extent that, at times,

I laid even my self-respect at your feet.


But the truth standing before me today is this:

the flaw was never in me,

the flaw was in your ability to feel.


Your hypocrisy,

your indifference,

and the choices you kept making over and over again,

proved one thing repeatedly:

you were never accustomed to valuing what you had.


I know far more than you think I do.

I am aware of all those things

you believe I know nothing about.


I was simply watching

to see how far you would fall.


Some people do not remember others out of love;

they only remember them

when they are needed.


And when that need comes to an end,

those relationships become as meaningless

as their behavior.


I understood it late,

but I understood it well enough:

walking away from someone

who fails to value you

is not a loss—

it is freedom.


Some people

are not nearly as good

as we believe them to be.


It is only a matter of time

before the veil is lifted from our eyes,

and then those same people

stand before us in their true form,

with nothing left to hide.


Even if you gave them your hundred percent,

that was a reflection of your sincerity,

your loyalty,

and the values with which you were raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please do not enter any spam link in the comment box...